If you would like to write a letter of recommendation to the Caidan Order of Defense, please include the following items:
- Candidate Info: SCA Name and Modern Name, If available, a photo of them in armor and a photo of them in garb
- Location Info: Area in which they reside, area in which they are active
- Affiliation Info: If they have a mentor, households they may belong to, etc.
- Personal Opinion on why you think they should be elevated to the Order of Defense
- Fighting Info: Level of ability, teaching ability, marshal status, etc.
- Service Info: Past and present level of activity
- Arts & Science Info: Past and present level of ability
Corpora requirements for all Patent level awards
Candidates for any order conferring a Patent of Arms must meet the following minimum criteria.
Additional requirements may be set by law and custom of the kingdoms as deemed appropriate and necessary by the Crown.
a. They shall have been obedient to the governing documents of the Society and the laws of the kingdom.
b. They shall have consistently shown respect for the Crown of the kingdom.
c. They shall have set an example of courteous and noble behavior suitable to a peer of the realm.
d. They shall have demonstrated support for the aims and ideals of the Society by being as authentic in dress, equipment and behavior as is within their power.
e. They shall have shared their knowledge and skills with others.
f. They shall have practiced hospitality according to their means and as appropriate to the circumstances.
g. They shall have made every effort to learn and practice those skills desirable at and worthy of a civilized court. To this end they should have some knowledge of a wide range of period forms, including but not limited to literature, dancing, music, heraldry, and chess, and they should have some familiarity with combat as practiced in the Society.
h. They should participate in Society recreations of several aspects of the culture of the Middle Ages and Renaissance.
Requirements for consideration for the Order of Defense
The candidate must be considered the equal of his or her prospective peers with the basic weapons of rapier and/or cut-and-thrust combat. The candidate must have applied this skill and/or knowledge for the instruction of members and service to the kingdom to an extent above and beyond that normally expected of members of the Society.